Cloudinary supports having multiple 'clouds' united under a joint subscription (Cloudinary account).
This feature is available for the Plus plan or higher, allowing you to separate your assets between development and production environments, by customer or business unit, or some other methodological criteria.
If you are on the Plus plan or higher, this feature is already available for you as self-service, via the account settings page and sub-accounts can be managed by users with the "Master Admin" or "Billing" role.
Tips for generating new sub-accounts:
- Select your desired cloud-name (or one will be randomly picked for you). This will be part of the API call path, asset delivery URL path, and SDK configuration for the sub-account.
- Optionally choose a display name for the sub-account (this name will only be used within the console UI so you can track the purpose of each sub-account)
- Optionally select an existing sub-account to be used as basis for setting the account's limits and other custom configurations, if applicable.
A few alternative solutions to separate assets (for other plans) are:
- Opening a new account for each environment (dev, staging, production) or each application. Cloudinary does not disallow creating multiple accounts for this purpose.
- Naming convention of public IDs (or folders) to reflect the different environments.
- Assigning different tags to uploaded images based on their intended use, e.g. setting the 'tags' parameter to match the environment: ‘dev’,‘staging’, ‘production`, etc.
if you are using Heroku,
Add cloudinary on the production server only,
staging server don't need to add it
This article is bogus. There are no such options found in the Cloudinary account settings. Please add some screenshots or very proper steps when you intend to help someone.
One reason you may not see those options is if you are on an account plan that doesn't support additional clouds - such as the Free plan.
Could you please share your cloud name and I can check that for you?
If you prefer to share that with us directly, then please raise a ticket by using - https://support.cloudinary.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Please sign in to leave a comment.