When setting the
cropping parameter to
server in the Upload Widget's options, the custom cropping coordinates are passed to Cloudinary as part of the image's metadata, and the full-sized image is uploaded by default. If you'd like to keep the original image as is and deliver the cropped version based on the custom coordinates, you can use a URL like:
If you don't want to store the original full-sized image and only store the cropped image based on the given coordinates, you can apply an incoming transformation and the image will be cropped before being stored in your account. To accomplish this:
- Go to the Upload settings page.
- Click on the "Edit" link next to the upload preset you use for the widget.
- Look for "Incoming Transformation" and click on the "Edit" link next to it.
- Under "Resize & crop" set the "Mode" to "Crop" and the "Gravity" to "Custom".
- Click on "OK" and Save the changes.