Cloudinary offers you tremendous capabilities in managing your online media, starting with our free-to-use plan. Our paid plans include greatly increased usage quotas, and detailed below is an explanation on what the different quotas mean.
- Monthly Transformations - Number of all newly processed assets including original uploads and derivatives (images and video-frames) within the last 30 days.
- Total Images & Videos - Represents the total number of resources maintained by Cloudinary at a given moment. This includes both original resources and their derivatives (e.g. thumbnails).
- Managed Storage - The accumulated size of all of your assets, which are stored on your Cloudinary account, including backups if enabled.
- Monthly Net Viewing Bandwidth - Total bandwidth of content delivered from your account within the last 30 days.
Q: How are uploads counted toward my quota?
A: Every uploaded file increases your Total Images & Videos, Storage and Monthly Transformations. Bandwidth is not counted for uploads. Also, Transformations will not be counted for `Raw` resource-type uploads.
Q: How does enabling backup affect my Storage?
A: When backup is enabled on your settings page, every resource (Originals only) is backed-up and counts toward your Storage utilization. If you choose to backup to your own S3 bucket, your Storage quota will not increase.
Q: Will complex transformations be counted as multiple Transformations?
A: A transformation, no matter how complex it is (even when using multiple chained transformations), is counted as a single transformed resource.
Q: How do videos, animated files and files containing multiple pages count towards my Transformations quota?
A: Such files, when transformed, are counted according to the following key -
- Animated GIF - 1 transformation plus an additional transformation for every 10 frames.
- Animated GIF to video - Every 5 frames = 1 transformation.
- PDF - 1 transformation plus an additional transformation for every 10 pages.
- SD Video - 1 second = 2 transformations
- HD Video - 1 second = 4 transformations (Frame contains over 921,600 of total pixels)
Note that when uploading one of these resources, 1 Transformation is automatically counted regardless of any other transformations.
Q: How do "Fetch"-ed resources count toward my quotas?
A: When an image is first fetched, it will be stored on your Cloudinary account for performance reasons and counted in Storage, Total Images. If the fetched image was also transformed within the URL, a Transformations credit will be consumed as well. Fetched images are not backed-up so your Storage will not be additionally affected by Cloudinary's backup capabilities.
Q: What is "Net Viewing Bandwidth" and how is bandwidth calculated?
A: For every viewed/downloaded resource, you will only be charged a flat fee according to the size (in bytes) of the resource. This means that we don't count Midgress bandwidth, you don't pay extra per request, you don't pay differently according to the geography of your visitors, there are no additional charges for HTTPS requests or for traffic to origin, and there is no additional cost for invalidations.
Q: When do my Transformation & Bandwidth quotas reset to zero?
A: The Transformation and Bandwidth quotas are counted within a rolling last-30-days time window. Meaning, the quota never actually resets, but changes every day according to the updated time-frame.
Q: Are PlaceHolders count towards my Total Images?
A: PlaceHolder resources contain the derived versions of the default image which were previously generated. These images counts against the Derived-Images which is aggregated to the Total Images quota. Also for every unique transformation a Transformation is consumed when processed for the first time.
Q: How does using
f_auto affect my quotas?
A: When using the
f_auto parameter, different images are delivered to different browsers. That is why a single transformation can result with up to 4 different derivatives (webp, animated webp, wdp, default format).
width may also result with different images counting towards your Transformations quota.