The following are the steps to install and set-up the Cloudinary module on your Magento site:
- Go to your Magento Admin Panel.
- Under the 'System' menu click on 'Cache Management'.
- Select all Cache Types, Select 'Disable' at the 'Actions' drop-down list and click 'Submit', this will disable caching of any type.
- Under the 'System' menu hover over the 'Magento connect' sub-menu and click on 'Magento Connect Manager'.
- Under the 'Install New Extensions' section, paste the extension key as found on Magento Connect, and click 'Install'.
- You should be able to see the Cloudinary extension dependencies, click on 'Proceed'.
- When the installation is done, click on 'Refresh', Cloudinary should be successfully included in your packages list.
- Perform a logout and then login back.
- Go back to your Magento Admin Panel.
- Under the 'System' menu, click on 'Configuration'.
- On the left side-bar, under 'Services', click on 'Cloudinary'.
- Click on 'Cloudinary Setup'.
- At the 'Cloudinary Account Credentials' section enter your account's environment variable (CLOUDINARY_URL), as found in your Media library, and click on the 'Save Config' button on the upper-right side of the screen.
- Further options can be defined at the 'Cloudinary Configuration' and 'Default Image Transformations' sections.
- Go back to the 'Cache Management' page (as mentioned in step #2), select all Cache Types, select 'Enable' on the 'Actions' drop-down list and click 'Submit' which will re-enable all caching types.
- Now go to the new 'Cloudinary' section on the menu bar and click on 'Manage'.
- At the upper-right section, click on 'Enable Cloudinary', then click on 'Start Migration'. Make sure you have cron-jobs defined on your Magento server.
Now all existing images are migrated to Cloudinary, and all the image URLs on your site will be changed to be delivered via Cloudinary, for existing images and future uploaded ones. Note that the initial migration process may take a while, especially if you have a large number of images. You can leave this page open and come back to check on the progress while the migration is performed in the background.