Powerful, Responsive, Customized, Easy to Embed
Cloudinary's upload widget is an interactive, feature-rich, simple to integrate tool that enables you and your users to add content to your website or application. The widget, requiring just a couple lines of code to integrate, eliminates the need to develop in-house interactive media upload capabilities.
The Upload Widget version 2.0 is backward compatible with version 1.5. The only main exception is that the new version introduces a new UI customization methodology.
What are the main additions to v2.0?
- Completely redesigned and re-built using new technologies - React+Redux stack, ES6, webpack, rollup.js.
- Upgraded look and feel.
- Mobile friendly (Web app).
- Minimized upload progress to enable your users to continue working.
- Simultaneous upload of multiple files, of any type and size, in any format.
- Improved UI Customization.
- Improved Flexibility via API.
- Improved Upload Process Control.
- New Comprehensive Events Support to trigger custom behavior.
For most cases, migrating your current Upload Widget implementation to the new version can be done in a few simple steps:
1. Make sure to replace the Upload Widget script to the new one:
2. The Upload Widget does not close automatically at the end of the uploading process. The new version provides a rich API event set, so you can make use of the "success" event and then call the .close() method from your handler.
3. By default, the Upload Widget starts with all upload sources, you can control this by changing the relevant parameter ('sources').
In our previous versions of the Cloudinary Upload Widget, the customization was done by CSS. The main advantage of this approach was the flexibility it provided our customers, but the approach introduced some major drawbacks.
The new customization approach, introduced in Upload Widget v2.0, is based on providing configuration during the initialization of the widget instance or through the update() method.
Try The Live Demo App
With our Live Demo App, you can easily try the Upload Widget new features and UI customization.
The Demo App will automaticity generate your Upload Widget's code so all you need to do is just copy and paste it to your site.
For further information about the Upload Widget version 2.0, please refer to the upload Widget version 2.0 documentation.