Hello, all and thanks in advance for any suggestions!
I have been trying to get the auto upload feature to work.
Following the documentation instructions it worked perfectly the first time loading an image from my wordpress site (https://popularhistorybooks.files.wordpress.com/) using some local html to set up a dummy website. However I have not been able to replicate this success after the first time despite a couple of hours of trying
- many combinations of different Upload settings :-(
- different image sources eg an airtable image link :-(
- escaping and also double escaping punctuation type characters in the URL :-(
- different media library folder targets for the upload, eg existing and not existing folders :-(
- different images on the same wordpress site, then the previously successful image in a different folder, and the same folder! :-(
I am using the url instructions carefully as per:
https://res.cloudinary.com/<Cloudinary account name>/<asset_type>/upload/<mapped upload folder prefix>/<partial path of remote file>
And the image shows up in the browser correctly (so it is somewhere in the Cloudinary ecosystem) it is just not uploading to my media library. It seems to be behaving like a fetch url not the upload url specified.
The bit that is confusing me most is why it would have worked for the first test image, but then not again - makes me think that I am overlooking something v simple so would be great to hear any suggestion about things to try.
Some more info:
- Image link: https://popularhistorybooks.files.wordpress.com/2021/12/mosaic_of_justinianus_i_-_basilica_san_vitale_ravenna-4-edited.jpg?w=600
- auto upload mapping folder: test
- auto upload mapping url: https://popularhistorybooks.files.wordpress.com/
- (btw this is the only image I tried that has the funny ?w=600 at the end (and it worked the first time - but not subsequent attempts))
Please sign in to leave a comment.